Bee Better Blog
- Intrinsically Linked: Why Climate-Smart Agriculture Must Not Neglect BiodiversityA recent development in agriculture has been the rise of climate-focused farming, sometimes called regenerative agriculture, carbon-farming, or climate-smart agriculture. Whatever we call it, this philosophical approach is often presented as a menu of practices that promote soil building as a way to keep carbon in the ground to help … Read more
- Habitat Installation on California VineyardsDespite the setbacks and challenges brought to every industry by the pandemic this year, our staff has been working closely with four different vineyards in three major winegrape regions of California providing both technical and financial support to help these vineyards achieve Bee Better Certification. This work … Read more
- Bee Better Certified in South AmericaDo you have avocados on your counter, in your refrigerator, or in your lunch? When you next visit your local market or grocery, take a look at where the avocados for sale are grown. In many instances, the answer is Mexico, as it is the world’s largest … Read more
Press & Media
- Making Nature Less Predictable“In their fight against the homogenization of nature, scientists and farmers are walking well-worn paths and using innovative approaches to help bring native pollinators back to California.” By Ashley Braun. December 2, 2022. Click here to read the full article at bioGraphic.com.
- Coming Soon to a Food Label Near You: ‘Bee-Friendly’ CertificationsBy Twilight Greenaway And Cinnamon Janzer. October 17, 2022. Click here to read the full article at civileats.com.
- Bee Better Certification for Electric Power CompaniesJuly 15, 2021 Beginning in 2021, EPRI will begin a two-year effort with Xerces Society to develop a nationally recognized third-party verified Bee Better Certification program for electric power companies. We anticipate this initial effort to include solar sites, rights-of-ways, substations, and possibly more. EPRI and Xerces will work with ecologists, entomologists, power companies, solar … Read more